Friday, August 15, 2014

Finishing Up Summer

I am not ready for summer to end.  I'm dreading this next year because now that Ethan will be full day, I'll have to pick him up at 3:00, which is right in the middle of the afternoon and usually when I'm finally able to work. I'm just not ready to have him gone all day :(  We are entering a new stage that will not end.... gone will be the days of noon pick up and getting to have the whole afternoon to do what we please. 

We have enjoyed the summer a lot.  Here are a few snapshots from the past few weeks.

Me and Ethan went on a date for frozen yogurt.  I love spending one on one time with the kids.

The kids completed two weeks of swimming lessons with the city.  Ethan learned backstroke, breaststroke, freestyle and starting dives.  They both did great!

The kids, and especially Ethan, have been enjoying listening to Adventures in Odyssey.  I grew up LOVING these tapes and my mom kept all of them, so my kids have had fun listening to them.

We got an inch of rain in an hour a few weeks back.  We need rain so badly, but when it comes so quick like that it doesn't do much good :(


Climbing a tree at the park in Oak Glen.

 Everett and I were watching from the side :)

The house is going to get very quiet soon and Everett will be bored with just me. At least I still get to have Alayna home on Tuesdays and Thursdays :)



Bowling

The Yucaipa Regional Park (we made it twice this summer)



Celebration Park

Tuckered out after a day of swimming.  My kids NEVER nap.  You know he must have played hard :)

Holding little miss Evangeline Flores at four days old last week.

And now come Tuesday it will be back to the grind :( We will miss you summer!!!! 

3 comments:

Christy said...

Ahhh...congrats to Jolene and her sweet new girl. Yes summer ends for us this coming Monday as well. Sigh......gone are the lazy days at the beach, sleeping in, last minute late night dinners on the patio and just chilling with the kiddos. I mean even though we home school we still have to get back to routine all the same and we miss our down time with them.

Kelly said...

That 3:00 pick time sure if rough especially on days you have to go earlier to get Alayna :( Wish our kids went to the same school and I could help you out!

Teresa DiMillo said...

I can always pick Alayna up, if ever you need me to. I'm there anyway. It truly was a fun summer.