First Day of School

I have a lot to catch up on with blogging, it's been such a busy month.  I ended up being much busier than normal with work, which was nice of course, but also made things kind of hectic!

Today was the first day of school.  Ethan started second grade, and Alayna started all day Spanish Immersion Kindergarten.  Both kids were super excited and had great first days. We are excited for what the year holds!  I am sad and will miss Alayna, but I'm glad for the one on one time I've had with her the past two years.  Today was a minimum day, so tomorrow they will start in on reality!






Alayna with her teacher, Senora Pena.  Her class starts off with the teacher speaking 100% Spanish!  Crazy huh?  By 10 weeks in the students will be speaking it to each other in the classroom as well. 

Ethan with his teacher Mrs. Bottomly. We are excited for him to have her this year!  It's super crazy that this was the grade I was teaching when I got pregnant with him.  Time flies!


Last night I snapped a few back to school pictures before they took a bath :)  Thanks to my friend Christy I had this cute desk sitting around, so I had to use it :)

Ah my sweet ALayna, almost 6.  She says when she grows up she wants to be a teacher and then a photographer after she has babies, just like me :)





My Ethan, at 7 1/2.  He says when he grows up he wants to be an engineer.





Comments

Kelly said…
I'm so jealous of Alayna's kinder Spanish class. That is awesome! I love how little kids look so darn cute with big backpacks. :)
Christy said…
Ahhhh...that desk is the perfect photo prop. They look so cute sitting there! What an exciting year you guys have coming up.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard