Houston

I flew to Houston to meet up with Faithy for three nights right after the 4th of July.  She has to go every six months to meet with her doctors, and this was her six month mark.  My brother was so sweet and picked me up at 2:30am to get me to LAX for my 5:30am flight.  I haven't traveled alone since having kids... crazy huh?  This was Matt's first time staying solo overnight without the kids.  Of course he did great.  It was fun to see Faithy and get to spend some time together, and of course she was happy to have the company on the day she had her appointments at the hospital :)  I had actually never to been to Texas at all, let alone Houston.  It was hot and humid, but pretty.  I wasn't expecting it to be so green, but everything was green.



We treated ourselves to pedicures after the day at the hospital :)  I also enjoyed lots of down time reading and was able to finish two books while I was gone :)

Walking outside and having my glasses fog up due to the humidity... a new experience for me, haha. 

On our second full day there we didn't have anything we had to do, so we walked and explored.  Faith had already seen all of this in January, but it was my first time :)  We walked to this huge park and explored the natural science museum. One nice thing was that there were tons of live oak trees lining the streets providing shade.  This made walking much more bearable.





It was a really neat park with lots of different areas.  It was HUGE.


We took the metro to the downtown area where we found a really cool place to eat.  


I'm so glad we could spend some time together.  Even though Faith lives so far away now, when we see each other it's like there is no distance :)  We are continually praying that the cancer stays out of her body!

On my plane on the way back I was sitting in the window seat and the flight path flew right over Yucaipa.  It was so fun to be able to see my neighborhood from the air.



Comments

Christy said…
We heart Texas! Isn't Houston a fun place? A little hot in July but fun all the same. :)
Kelly said…
Even though she had doc's appointments squeezed in between, what a FUN girls vacation! Seems like there was plenty of time to spend together. I can't imagine living in that kind of humidity!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

My silly girl...