More of July

Just some randoms....


 Alayna reading to Everett before he naps :)


Free slurpees from 7-11 on July 11th :)

Ethan was pretending to be a shark, lol.


Alayna has been saying "one of the things she hopes for most in life is that she can catch as mall creature herself, something like a bunny or a lizard", haha!  This weekend one of her dreams came true because she was able to catch a lizard herself.  It was funny.  After a few hours I convinced her to let it go so it could survive :)


After dinner one night the kids brought Everett out dressed up like a clown.  It was cute and he happily went along.

 Matt and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary on July 13th. We went out on the weekend and went to The Grand Oak at Highland Springs Resort for dinner.

The kids and I went to the park in Oak Glen one morning this week. 

I had been wanting an Instapot for a while, and when it came up on Amazon Prime day for $69.00 instead of the normal $119, I went for it and got one.  I tried it out yesterday and was quite excited with the results.  I made the yummiest cilantro lime rice and it only took 10 minutes!  I am actually throwing out my rice maker as the rice turned out so much better in the Instapot.  I also made Kalua pork with a pork roast, and we made burrito bowls.  It turned out really yummy.   It only took 90 minutes, versus 10 hours in the crockpot :)  It was so moist and tasty too.  I'm excited to try more things in it!  You can cook a whole chicken in 30 minutes.
Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart 1000-Watt

Comments

Christy said…
14 years! When did that happen? Congrats! So proud of you guys!
Kelly said…
*I bet Everett was in heaven being the center of attention with when they dressed him up!
*I love your shoes on your date night. I've heard great things about that restaurant.
*I've never heard of an insta-pot!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard