Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Getway to the Beach

It's that time of year again, where I can't keep up on life stuff let along blog :)   Everett got sick this morning right before we were going to go to church, so I'm hanging out at home with him... not really minding this slow morning at all :)

The first weekend in October, we were so blessed to be able to get away for three nights to the beach... our happy place  We are very thankful to Marlene for letting us use some of her time share points.  

We put in a nice full day at the beach before even checking into our timeshare, which made the trip feel even longer in a good way :)  September and October at the beach are the best!!!


Sunset from our balcony at the timeshare in Capistrano Beach

The next day we woke up early and headed out for a fun adventure.  We drove to Oceanside where we caught the train and took it to San Diego.  During the month of October kids are free for most everything in San Diego, so we took advantage!  The kids loved the experience of taking the train.


We visited the Midway Museum Air Craft Carrier, which was a first for all of us.  It was so neat and we all loved it.   It was really fascinating.  We managed to get to stay for 3 1/2 hour sand saw most everything. 


Our family on the deck of the air craft carrier. 





The following day we enjoyed lounging around, walking on the beach, swimming in the pool, renting bikes and we ended it with sushi on the beach watching the sunset.... just perfect!!!

Vacation to me means lounging around in the morning in my jammies with my coffee and a book!







Everett decided he liked our sushi.  Good boy, hehe.  He's our little gourmet.

Watching the sunset on the beach... well those are two of my most favorite things combined, so let's just say I'm in heaven when I get the opportunity to do this!



An awesome cell phone shot taken by Matt of our free spirited daughter loving life :)



Before we went home we enjoyed the beach some more and walked around a while.  I always say if I had a superpower, it would be to teleport, and most often I would teleport myself to the beach just to relax and enjoy the ocean for a bit before going back home.  Wouldn't that be perfect? 







She loves gathering seaweed and playing on it... funny girl. 






It was really wonderful to get away together and have this trip before the absolute insanity of fall hit.  Now that I'm in the middle of it I keep trying to remember how relaxed I felt this weekend, haha.   I took a couple of videos of the ocean crashing so I could watch them and try to chill out when I'm stressed. 


2 comments:

Jerrod said...

looks like you all had a really nice time on this beach get away. you and Matt are always good about doing adventures with the kids...makes great memories.

Kelly said...

That looks so fun! I love that the train was an outing in and of itself! Sounds like such a perfect getaway!