Our 15th Anniversary

Matt and I celebrated our 15th anniversary on July 13th.  I can't beleive it's already been 15 years... it's crazy. I am so blessed by this man.  15 years feels like a milestone. We wanted to do more than just go out to dinner, so we booked three nights in Newport Beach at the cutest little cottage we found through VRBO.  Praise the LORD my mom stayed with the kids.  I was so thankful.  We had not gone away alone together for almost 2 1/2 years!! It was so perfect, and only two blocks from the beach.  Once we got there, we didn't get in our car again until we left... we walked and biked everywhere :)  I cannot even explain how wonderful it felt to have three whole nights to ourselves in one of our favorite places.  It's amazing the things you appreciate getting to do once you have kids.  Things like be spontaneous, only bring a towel to the beach, hop on a bike whenever you feel like it, paddle board, take a nap on the beach, have tons of uninterrupted conversation and go out to eat wherever sounds good!


Reading a good book on the beach... bliss for me....


This was actually the only time we went out to dinner... the other two nights we brought food back to our house and ate on the patio.  By the way, as we were eating I noticed Slade from the REal Housewives of Orange County eating a few tables over... for anyone who cares LOL.  It was my D-list celebrity sighting 

The food pictures are mainly for my friend Kelly... hehe, because she just loves seafood ;)  Our goal was actually to eat different seafood from a place we'd never been every single day... and we succeeded!

 Coffee on the pier...

The cottage we rented had the most beautiful succulents all over.  I loved them.




 We rented paddle boards for two hours and went really far.  This was the first time paddle boarding for both of us and it was so much fun.


More seafood!  Shrimp ceviche and fish tacos.

And look... on a different day... ono ceviche... YUM.  Also not pictured were the lobster burritos we ate one day .

Pizza and yummy wine on the patio one night.



 It was SO much fun to be able to walk to the beach whenever we wanted.  It was about a five minute walk to get down there :)





Thank you SO MUCH mom for allowing us to do this and taking such good care of the kids. 

Comments

Christy said…
Happy anniversary you two! It is totally a milestone and we are so proud of you! God is so good!
Keep on putting Him first and moving on each other.
The pictures are super cute and it looks like you had a really nice time. Yay! For celebrating marriage and time away together to just be.
Kelly said…
That just sounds like the perfect getaway! So glad you enjoyed paddle boarding. I totally remember Slade (still with Gretchen?) ;) I love the new blog layout!!
Teresa DiMillo said…
Happy 15 years!!! Sounds like the perfect getaway! It's SO nice to do something with just the two of you. I'm sure you came home feeling relaxed and recharged! That food looked SO yummy, I'm allergic to everything you ate, but I'm sure it was delicious. Were you sore after pattle boarding??

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

My silly girl...